- Title: Israeli sax players banish the quarantine blues
- Date: 23rd March 2020
- Summary: VARIOUS OF KLAYMAN PLAYING SAXOPHONE MEN PLAYING MUSIC, KLAYMAN PLAYING SAXOPHONE WOMAN ON WINDOW MOVING TO MUSIC KLAYMAN PLAYING SAXOPHONE PEOPLE ON ROOF ENJOYING PERFORMANCE
- Keywords: Israel coronavirus saxophone performance
- Reuters ID: LVA005C69XWLJ
- Location: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL
- City: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL
- Country: Israel
- Duration: 00:00:47
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine,Editors' Choice
- Story Text: Tel Aviv residents danced on their balconies, elderly residents waved and families listened with their toddlers as saxophonist Yarden Klayman and other musicians gave a rousing rooftop performance to those stuck at home under quarantine on Monday (March 23).
The young musicians hoped to help locals shake away the blues while respecting social distancing guidance. Organised in cooperation with the Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality Community Department, the mini-concert provided a moment of shared levity.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday (March 19) tightened a national stay-at home policy, announcing guidelines aimed at halting the spread of the coronavirus would now be enforced by police under emergency orders.
The measures stopped short of a total national lockdown: Netanyahu said Israelis would still be allowed to shop for food and medicine, and some workers would be exempted from the restrictions.
Israel has so far reported 1238 cases of coronavirus, the large majority with mild symptoms. About 24 patients are in serious condition and two fatalities.
(Production: Rami Amichay, Suheir Sheikh)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:6th April 2020 20:08
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.