- Title: Views of IOC and Tokyo as the world awaits Olympics decision
- Date: 24th March 2020
- Summary: VARIOUS OF OLYMPIC RINGS STATUE OUTSIDE IOC HEADQUARTERS TOKYO, JAPAN (MARCH 24, 2020) (REUTERS) NIGHT SHOT - VIEW OF TO VIEW OF TOKYO BAY WITH OLYMPIC RINGS MONUMENT LIT UP IN FRONT OF RAINBOW BRIDGE
- Keywords: Games postponement International Olympic Committee Japan Shinzo Abe Thomas Bach Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Reuters ID: LVA003C6EWW1Z
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN / LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN / LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND
- Country: Various
- Duration: 00:00:48
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Olympics,Sport
- Story Text: Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is to propose a one-year delay to the Olympics in a call with International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach on Tuesday (March 24), according to NHK, Japan's public broadcaster.
Japanese Olympics Minister Seiko Hashimoto will brief reporters at around 9:15 p.m. (1215 GMT) following the call, a government official said.
Hashimoto, along with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and some other Japanese leaders, were scheduled to hold talks by phone with Bach from 8:00 p.m. (1100 GMT).
An Olympic Movement source said on Tuesday that the IOC Executive Board will meet later in the day.
(Production: Cecile Matovani, Hideto Sakai, Tim Hart, Mike Brock)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:7th April 2020 12:39
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Olympic restriction: Clip cannot be re-published without additional clearances from the IOC.