- Title: Snapchat fame under lockdown: Saudi influencer encourages home-based lifestyle
- Date: 9th April 2020
- Summary: RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA (APRIL 8, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF SAUDI SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCER, NOJUD ALRUMAIHE, PLAYING PIANO AT HOME VARIOUS OF ALRUMAIHE'S HUSBAND, ABDULLAH ALRESHAID, WORKING IN BACKGROUND AS ALRUMAIHE PLAYS PIANO
- Keywords: COVID-19 Coronavirus Saudi Arabia Snapchat
- Reuters ID: LVA001C8RTGLX
- Location: RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA
- City: RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA
- Country: Saudi Arabia
- Duration: 00:00:22
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Living / Lifestyle,Society/Social Issues,Editors' Choice
- Story Text: Unlike many, a Saudi Snapchat influencer and her husband do not consider life under lockdown to be boring.
The 27-year-old influencer, Nojud Alrumaihe, keeps herself busy by creating content that encourages people to stay home, including activities for children as well as makeup and skincare tutorials for women.
When she is not filming content for her followers online, Alrumaihe enjoys playing piano, exercising and sometimes she battles it out with her husband and children in a game of darts.
Her 33-year-old husband, Abdullah Alreshaid, manages his own business from home, and finds working from home more productive.
Restrictions on women's mobility, driving and outdoor activities have been in place for decades in Saudi Arabia, but such limitations have eased in recent years.
Saudi Arabia has so far announced 2,932 confirmed cases of coronavirus, including 41 deaths.
A 24-hour curfew imposed by Saudi Arabia on its capital Riyadh and other big cities has locked-in much of the population as the largest Gulf Arab country expanded efforts to stem the spread of the new coronavirus.
(Production: Mohammed Benmansour)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:23rd April 2020 16:30
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.