- Title: Second week of coronavirus lockdown nears end in Moscow
- Date: 10th April 2020
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (APRIL 10, 2020) (REUTERS) MAN IN MASK STANDING ON BRIDGE IN FRONT OF CHURCH OF CHRIST THE SAVIOUR VARIOUS OF COURIER ON BIKE RIDING DOWN EMPTY ROAD ROAD IN FRONT OF KREMLIN AND SAINT BASIL'S CATHEDRAL DISINFECTION VEHICLE DRIVING PAST SAINT BASIL'S CATHEDRAL SAINT BASIL'S CATHEDRAL AND KREMLIN KREMLIN CLOCK CAR DRIVING ON EMPTY ROAD PAST SAINT BASIL'S CATHEDRAL TAXIS PARKED BY ZARYADYE PARK BIRDS SITTING ON EMBANKMENT WALL IN FRONT OF KREMLIN VARIOUS OF WORKERS DISINFECTING PAVEMENT IN FRONT OF BUS STOP WITH POSTER READING (Russian/English): "VISITING PUBLIC PLACES IS PROHIBITED. STOP." VARIOUS OF WORKERS DISINFECTING EMBANKMENT PAVEMENT VARIOUS OF POLICEMAN IN MASK STANDING NEXT TO POLICE CAR EMPTY BUS STOP ON EMBANKMENT WITH POSTER READING (Russian): "STAY HOME. IT IS THE SAFEST PLACE NOW." EMPTY STREET CYCLIST ON STREET IN FRONT OF LYUBYANKA VARIOUS OF EMPTY MUSEUM PARK BY LYUBYANKA CARS DRIVING ON ROAD EMPTY PARK
- Keywords: COVID-19 Moscow Russia coronavirus empty streets lockdown
- Reuters ID: LVA001C8WRI2V
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Duration: 00:02:24
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Story Text: The streets of Moscow were slightly busier on Friday (April 10) compared to the previous day as the end of the second week of a nationwide lockdown draws near.
As of 11:30 am GMT on Friday, the self-isolation index was 2.9, slightly higher than the 2.8 recorded on Thursday (April 9).
According to Russian search engine and provider of the index Yandex, a value of 0.0-2.4 indicates a large number of people outside, while an index of 2.5-3.9 indicates an average value. If the index shows 4.0-5.0 points, this means that the city is properly observing the lockdown.
Russia reported 1,786 more coronavirus cases on Friday, its largest daily rise so far, which took the national tally of confirmed infections to 11,917.
The number of coronavirus-related deaths rose by 18 to 94, the Russian coronavirus crisis response center said in a statement.
(Production: Gennadiy Novik, Peter Scott)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:24th April 2020 11:59
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None