- Title: Israeli forces kill Palestinian attacker near Jerusalem - police
- Date: 22nd April 2020
- Summary: ABU DIS, WEST BANK (APRIL 22, 2020) (REUTERS) ISRAELI FORCES STANDING IN FRONT OF BODY OF PALESTINIAN KILLED AFTER HE RAMMED AND TRIED TO STAB AN ISRAELI SECURITY MAN PALESTINIAN ASSAILANT'S VEHICLE ISRAELI SECURITY FORCES STANDING NEAR BODY VIEW OF BODY ON GROUND SECURITY AT SITE BODY SIGN READING (Arabic, English): " EIZARYA, ABU DIS." ISRAELI FORCES VEHICLE AND AMBULANCE AT SITE ISRAELI FORCES STANDING AT CHECKPOINT WHERE ATTACK TOOK PLACE CHECKPOINT WHERE ATTACK TOOK PLACE ISRAELI FORCES AT SITE OF ATTACK, PALESTINIAN ASSAILANT'S VEHICLE AT SITE PALESTINIAN ASSAILANT'S VEHICLE ISRAELI FORCES WITH MOTHER OF PALESTINIAN ASSAILANT BODY ON GROUND VIEW OF VEHICLE VARIOUS OF ISRAELI SECURITY FORCES VEHICLES NEAR SITE
- Embargoed: 6th May 2020 09:14
- Keywords: Israel Jerusalem Palestinian neighbourhoods Palestinians West Bank ramming and stabbing attack violence
- Location: ABU DIS, WEST BANK
- City: ABU DIS, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA001CAKQ53B
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: EDIT CONTAINS GRAPHIC VIDEO
Israeli security forces shot and killed a Palestinian man who stabbed a police officer at a checkpoint near Jerusalem on Wednesday (April 22), an Israeli police spokesman said.
"The terrorist drove his vehicle into the border policeman ... then stabbed (him) with scissors," said spokesman Micky Rosenfeld. "Officers in the area responded to the attack and the terrorist was shot and killed."
Rosenfeld said the policeman was moderately wounded in the incident near the Jewish settlement of Maale Adumim in the occupied West Bank and that an explosive device was also found at the scene.
(Production: Sinan abu Mayzer, Mohammad abu Ganeyeh, Suheir Sheikh, Mustafa abu Ganeyeh)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None