- Title: Longtime Trump adviser Roger Stone must report to prison by July 14 -judge
- Date: 27th June 2020
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (FILE- FEBRUARY 01, 2019) (REUTERS - Broadcasters: NONE Digital: NONE) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** STONE DEPARTING A FEDERAL COURTHOUSE, SUPPORTERS CHANTING 'WE LOVE ROGER STONE', RAISING ARMS AS HE DEPARTS
- Embargoed: 11th July 2020 00:18
- Keywords: Stone Trump election pardon prison
- Location: FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA; WASHINGTON, D.C., LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, UNITED STATES
- Reuters ID: LVA005CK0DL53
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A U.S. District Court judge in Washington has ordered that Roger Stone, a longtime friend and adviser to President Donald Trump, must report to prison by July 14.
Earlier this week, career prosecutor Aaron Zelinsky plans told Congress that the federal office that led the prosecution of Stone received "heavy pressure from the highest levels of the Department of Justice," to ease its sentencing recommendation.
Stone, 67,was convicted of obstruction, witness tampering and lying to Congress during its investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None