- Title: Delhi starts serological testing as coronavirus cases surge
- Date: 27th June 2020
- Summary: NEW DELHI, INDIA (JUNE 27, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) EXTERIOR OF STATE-RUN DISPENSARY SIGNBOARD VARIOUS OF HEALTH WORKERS CARRYING BAGS WITH MEDICAL EQUIPMENT VARIOUS HEALTH WORKERS WEARING PROTECTIVE SUITS TAKING BLOOD SAMPLES HEALTH WORKERS STANDING CLOSE OF SYRINGE COLLECTING BLOOD SAMPLE HEALTH WORKERS STANDING CLOSE OF SYRINGE IN HEALTH WORKERS' HANDS VARIOUS HEALTH WORKERS WEARING PROTECTIVE SUITS TAKING BLOOD SAMPLES OF CHILD BLOOD SAMPLES HEALTH WORKERS TALKING TO LOCALS
- Embargoed: 11th July 2020 11:07
- Keywords: COVID-19 India New Delhi Serology coronavirus serum testing
- Location: NEW DELHI, INDIA
- City: NEW DELHI, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001CK5A79R
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: India's national capital New Delhi on Saturday (June 27) started a serological survey on mass-level as the number of coronavirus cases continue to surge in the city.
The serological test comes as a part of the new plan prepared by the federal government to battle COVID-19 in Delhi. The antibody test will determine the extent of spread in the city.
Delhi is among the worst-hit cities in the country with more than 40,000 detected in the last two weeks and a total of 77,240 active cases.
As infections mount swiftly and hospitals become stretched, some cities like New Delhi are scrambling to build temporary facilities and ramping up testing.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None