- Title: Under health restrictions, Israel's gay community holds limited pride rallies
- Date: 28th June 2020
- Summary: PEOPLE WEARING FACE MASKS DANCING POLICEMAN WITH FACE MASK PEOPLE DANCING MAN DANCING
- Embargoed: 12th July 2020 20:29
- Keywords: Israel LGBT coronavirus gay health masks police rallies restrictions
- Location: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL/JERUSALEM
- City: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL/JERUSALEM
- Country: Israel
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA002CKABPL3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Due to coronavirus restrictions, Israel's gay community held limited pride rallies in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv on Sunday (June 28), a far cry from the usual large-scale marches.
The coastal city of Tel Aviv, which in previous years has drawn thousands of tourists to its colourful pride march, saw participation in the hundreds as people wearing masks - and costumes - gathered near the municipality hall.
In Jerusalem, police allowed no more than 1,250 people to take part.
Israel began easing coronavirus restrictions last month when infection rates dropped near to zero, but they have spiked again over the past two weeks and the government is warning it may clamp down again.
(Production: Rinat Harash, Dedi Hayun, Eli Berlzon, Rami Amichai)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.