- Title: FIFA bans former top official Kattner for 10 years
- Date: 30th June 2020
- Summary: ZURICH, SWITZERLAND (FEBRUARY 25, 2016) (REUTERS) KATTNER WITH OTHERS AT TABLE SIGN, READING: "CAF" NEXT TO TOP TABLE KATTNER WITH OTHERS AT TABLE
- Embargoed: 14th July 2020 18:00
- Keywords: FIFA Markus Kattner ban ethics fine
- Location: ZURICH, SWITZERLAND
- City: ZURICH, SWITZERLAND
- Country: Switzerland
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA002CKKCC3J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Soccer's world governing body FIFA has banned Markus Kattner, a former leading official in the Zurich organisation, for 10 years and has fined him one million Swiss francs ($1.06 million) after a probe into bonus payments.
"The adjudicatory chamber of the independent Ethics Committee has found Markus Kattner, former FIFA Deputy Secretary General and Acting Secretary General, guilty of conflicts of interest and having abused his position, in violation of the FIFA Code of Ethics," FIFA said in a statement on Tuesday.
"The investigation into Mr Kattner covered various charges concerning bonus payments in relation to FIFA competitions that were paid to top FIFA management officials (including Mr Kattner), various amendments to and extensions of employment contracts, reimbursement of private legal costs, and Mr Kattner's duties as an official."
($1 = 0.9466 Swiss francs)
(Production: Andy Ragg)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None