- Title: China names Eric Chan as head of new Hong Kong national security committee
- Date: 2nd July 2020
- Summary: HONG KONG, CHINA (FILE - MAY 4, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** HONG KONG CHIEF EXECUTIVE CARRIE LAM ENTERING NEWS CONFERENCE ROOM WITH DIRECTOR OF THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICE ERIC CHAN VARIOUS OF LAM SHAKING HANDS WITH CHAN SIGN READING (English/Chinese): "TOGETHER PROGRESS OPPORTUNITY" LAM AND CHAN LEAVING NEWS CONFERENCE ROOM
- Embargoed: 16th July 2020 06:12
- Keywords: Eric Chan Hong Kong chief executive Carrie Lam national security committee national security law
- Location: HONG KONG, CHINA
- City: HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001CL47NT3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: China's cabinet has appointed Eric Chan as the head of the new Hong Kong national security committee, the official Xinhua News Agency reported on Thursday (July 2).
The appointment of Chan as secretary-general of the Committee for Safeguarding National Security of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region was based on a nomination by Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam, the report said.
Chan has served as director of the chief executive's office since 2011.
(Production: Phyllis Xu)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None