- Title: India inaugurates world's largest temporary COVID-19 hospital
- Date: 5th July 2020
- Summary: NEW DELHI, INDIA (JULY 05, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** POLICEMEN AND OTHERS STANDING OUTSIDE WORLD'S LARGEST TEMPORARY COVID-19 HOSPITAL, SARDAR PATEL COVID CARE CENTRE AND HOSPITAL VARIOUS OF BEDS AND CHAIRS INSIDE HOSPITAL OFFICIALS SEATED VARIOUS OF MEDICINES IN BOTTLES VARIOUS OF OFFICIALS SITTING (SOUNDBITE) (English) DIRECTOR GENERAL, INDO-TIBETAN BORDER POLICE, SURJEET SINGH DESWAL, SAYING: "This is a very good facility. This facility contains 10 percent of the bedded, oxygenated bedded in case any patient requires oxygen we are able to give them. We have specialists of all, we have counsellors for mentally stressed cases, traumatic cases. The very fear of corona create sometimes stress among the people so we have team of good counsellors, psychiatrists, specialists in medicine and all spheres who will be needed here." OFFICIALS STANDING NEAR BEDS POSTER READING (English): "A2 WARD" LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR OF DELHI, ANIL BAIJAL TALKING TO INDO-TIBETAN BORDER POLICE OFFICIALS VARIOUS OF BAIJAL, INDO-TIBETAN BORDER POLICE OFFICIALS AND OTHERS WALKING OFFICIALS ARRANGING BOOKS ON SHELVES BOOKS SMILEY BALLS, SKIPPING ROPES AND SHUTTLECOCKS KEPT IN BOX LUDO GAME BOARD BEDS AND CHAIRS WORKERS CLEANING BEDS AND CHAIRS/WORKER MOPPING FLOOR
- Embargoed: 19th July 2020 07:33
- Keywords: COVID-19 India New Delhi beds coronavirus health hospital patients
- Location: NEW DELHI, INDIA
- City: NEW DELHI, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001CLJ7HOV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:World's largest temporary hospital with 10,000-bed capacity for COVID-19 patients was inaugurated in the Indian capital on Sunday (July 05).
To tackle the surge, the New Delhi government is trying to increase the capacity of beds by transforming spiritual centre into a temporary hospital.
With 97,200 cases and 3,004 deaths Delhi is only behind western Maharashtra and southern Tamil Nadu states in the number of total coronavirus cases.
The hospital that was inaugurated by Lieutenant Governor of Delhi, Anil Baijal and it will take care of patients coming from Delhi and National Capital Region. Apart from arranging counsellors for "mentally traumatic cases", the patients can also play games and read books while getting treatment in the centre.
India is the fourth-worst affected country in the world, with cases steadily increasing and reaching a total of 673,165. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi imposed a nationwide lockdown in late March that has since been eased, including the opening of shops and places of worship.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None