- Title: Sachin Tendulkar appeals recovered COVID-19 patients to donate plasma
- Date: 8th July 2020
- Summary: VARIOUS OF MEDICAL OFFICIAL OPERATING MACHINE
- Embargoed: 22nd July 2020 11:55
- Keywords: India Maharashtra Mumbai Sachin Tendulkar coronavirus health hospital inauguration lockdown medicine plasma therapy treatment
- Location: MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA
- City: MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA002CLY7SY7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar on Wednesday (July 08) inaugurated a plasma therapy centre at a hospital in Mumbai for the treatment of COVID-19 patients who are suffering from the deadly disease in the financial capital.
Tendulkar urged people who have recovered from coronavirus infection to donate their blood for plasma therapy and save the lives of critical COVID-19 patients in a city that is dealing with more than 23,000 active cases.
While the degree of effectiveness of plasma as a coronavirus treatment remains unclear, the Indian health ministry is allowing it to be used and gathered at blood banks under certain conditions, while the global pharma industry is working to develop antibody-based therapies.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains computer game or software screenshots. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.