- Title: Indian jewellery shop attracts eyeballs wtih diamond studded face masks
- Date: 11th July 2020
- Summary: SURAT, GUJARAT, INDIA (JULY 10, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) VARIOUS OF CUSTOMERS TRYING ON DIAMOND-STUDDED FACE MASKS DIAMONDS ON MASK VARIOUS OF CUSTOMERS LOOKING AT DIAMOND-STUDDED MASKS CUSTOMERS TRYING ON DIAMOND-STUDDED FACE MASKS VARIOUS OF CUSTOMERS LOOKING AT MASKS (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) JEWELLERY STORE OWNER, DIPAK CHOKSI, SAYING: "People will require masks in times to come. We have used gold in the mask along with American diamonds and real diamonds. The mask with gold and American diamonds costs around 1.5 lakh rupees ($ 1,995) and the mask which is made with gold and real diamonds costs around 4 lakh rupees ($ 5,322)." VARIOUS OF DIAMOND-STUDDED MASKS ON DISPLAY (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) CUSTOMER, DEVANSHI, SAYING: "I suddenly looked at the real diamond mask and I found it to be more attractive than jewellery. I liked the mask and it was also matching with my outfit, so, I purchased it because I wanted to look unique." DIAMONDS ON MASK CUSTOMERS WEARING DIAMOND MASKS SEATED
- Embargoed: 25th July 2020 10:26
- Keywords: COVID-19 India coronavirus diamonds face masks jewellery
- Location: SURAT, GUJARAT, INDIA
- City: SURAT, GUJARAT, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001CMD5QVB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A jewellery shop in Surat, a city in India's western state of Gujarat, is selling face masks studded with diamonds worth thousands of dollars.
The owner thought of adding bling to the protective gear that has become part of everyday life due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The masks are studded with American (or lab grown) and real diamonds and cost between $1,995 to $5,322.
The masks are already grabbing the eyeballs of some customers, such as local resident Devanshi, who are searching for "uniqueness".
"I suddenly looked at the real diamond mask and I found it to be more attractive than jewellery. I liked the mask and it was also matching with my outfit, so, I purchased it because I wanted to look unique," she said.
Surat is known locally as the "Diamond City" because it handles 90 percent of the world's rough diamond cutting and polishing.
(Production: Phyllis Xu)
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None