- Title: Local lockdowns return in India as coronavirus caseload nears a million
- Date: 14th July 2020
- Summary: PUNE, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA (JULY 14, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) (HD) VARIOUS OF TEMPORARY BARRICADINGS IN DESERTED MARKET AREAS MAN RIDING BICYCLE ON LARGELY DESERTED ROAD SHUT SHOPS LOCK ON SHOP MAN RIDING SCOOTER ON LARGELY DESERTED ROAD VARIOUS OF POLICE CONTROLLING TRAFFIC (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) ASSISTANT POLICE INSPECTOR, PUNE, RANJEET MOHITE, SAYING: "From July 14th, that is today, a lockdown has been announced in a new manner. It is in two phases. In the first phase, all shops will be shut, except milk and medicines. In the second phase, after five days, grocery shops will be allowed to open. All the other shops would remain shut." KALABURAGI, KARNATAKA, INDIA (JULY 14, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) (HD) MEN RIDING SCOOTER AND SANITATION WORKERS CLEANING ON LARGELY DESERTED ROAD VARIOUS OF SHUT MARKET LOCK ON SHOP SHUT SHOPS MAN BUYING MILK MILK PACKETS IN CRATE PEOPLE BUYING MILK
- Embargoed: 28th July 2020 10:18
- Keywords: COVID-19 ITBP India Karnataka Maharashtra New Delhi coronavirus disease hospital lockdown
- Location: NEW DELHI/PUNE, MAHARASHTRA/KALABURGI, KARNATAKA, INDIA
- City: NEW DELHI/PUNE, MAHARASHTRA/KALABURGI, KARNATAKA, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001CMS70WF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: PART QUALITY AS INCOMING
India's coronavirus tally crossed 900,000 on Tuesday (July 14) as the country reported 28,498 new cases and 553 deaths in the last 24 hours.
Many places imposed partial lockdowns in the country as the number of cases soared and reached small towns as well.
India has the world's third highest COVID-19 caseload and the new cases took the tally to 906,752 which includes 311,565 active cases, 571,460 cured, discharged, migrated and 23,727 deaths.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government, anxious to jump-start an economy stung by the pandemic and put millions of people back to work, in early June eased an initial lockdown of the 1.3 billion population imposed in March.
But rising new flare-ups of the virus has been forcing some major industrial towns and states to re-impose localised restrictions.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None