- Title: Tight security at Cornwall G7 summit
- Date: 12th June 2021
- Summary: ST. IVES, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JUNE 12, 2021) (REUTERS) OCEAN FRONT AND VIEW OF ST. IVES ROOFTOPS IN ST. IVES TREGENNA CASTLE RESORT VARIOUS OF SIGN READING (English) "TREGENNA CASTLE RESORT" STREET NEXT TO TREGENNA CASTLE RESORT / POLICE OFFICER STOPPING AND SEARCHING CARS G7 MEMBER NATIONS FLAGS ON PUB VEHICLES MOVING ON STREET NEXT TO TREGENNA CASTLE RESORT LIGHT TRAFFIC IN ST IVES TOWN POLICE OFFICERS WALKING ON STREET VARIOUS OF PEOPLE WALKING ON STREET CARBIS BAY, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JUNE 12, 2021) (REUTERS) POLICE OFFICERS AT CARBIS BAY ESTATE HOTEL & BEACH ENTRANCE POLICE OFFICERS WALKING PAST BARRIER AT HOTEL ENTRANCE NAVY VESSEL OFF CARBIS BAY STREET NEXT TO CARBIS BAY ESTATE HOTEL & BEACH ENTRANCE
- Embargoed: 26th June 2021 09:04
- Keywords: G7 G7 summit security security at G7
- Location: ST. IVES AND CARBIS BAY, ENGLAND, UK
- City: ST. IVES AND CARBIS BAY, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Europe,G7,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001EH3HUMF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Security in Cornwall was tight on Saturday (June 12) as G7 leaders prepared to meet for a second day of the three-day summit in the south of England.
An extra 5,000 officers have been drafted in to help the operation with about 6,500 officers and staff involved altogether, Devon and Cornwall Police said.
The G7 summit is the first in-person meeting of the leaders of major developed economies for nearly two years and will focus on the COVID-19 pandemic and climate change.
Police have closed off roads and coastal paths to Carbis Bay, the small seaside resort which is hosting the event, erecting steel fences and putting other restrictions in place.
Guest nations and the United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres are due to arrive on Saturday and India joins virtually.
(Production: Ben Makori, Catherine Macdonald)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None