- Title: Jubilant England fans descend on London ahead of first final in 55 years
- Date: 11th July 2021
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JULY 11, 2021) (REUTERS) (MUTE) BRITISH NEWSPAPERS WITH HEADLINES REGARDING ENGLAND TEAM FRONT PAGE OF THE SUNDAY PEOPLE WITH HEADLINE, READING (English): "PRIDE OF ENGLAND" FRONT PAGE OF THE SUN ON SUNDAY WITH HEADLINE, READING (English): "TONIGHT'S GONNA BE A GOOD NIGHT" FRONT PAGE OF THE MAIL ON SUNDAY WITH HEADLINE, READING (English): "QUEEN AND WILLIAM: COME ON ENGLAND!" FRONT PAGE OF THE SUNDAY MIRROR WITH HEADLINE, READING (English): "WE KANE BE HEROES" NEWSPAPER FRONT PAGES VARIOUS OF THE SUNDAY TIMES' SPORT SECTION WITH HEADLINE, READING (English): "THE HANDS OF HISTORY" VARIOUS OF THE MAIL ON SUNDAY BACK PAGE WITH HEADLINE, READING (English): "MISSION POSSIBLE" SUB-HEADLINE SHOWING DATE AND TIME OF EURO 2020 FINAL
- Embargoed: 25th July 2021 12:31
- Keywords: England Euro 2020 European Championship Italy fans supporters
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Europe,Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA002ELEBN7R
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Soccer fans from all over England were in jubilant mood on London's streets on Sunday (July 11) ahead of the national team's Euro 2020 final clash with Italy.
For England, it is most anticipated game since the side won the 1966 World Cup - the last time it ever reached a major final.
Reuters spoke to several fans who had travelled from all over the country to be in the capital for the match, which takes place at Wembley Stadium at 2000 local time (1900GMT).
London's Metropolitan Police had asked fans without tickets to the game to refrain from travelling to London due to the ongoing COVDI-19 pandemic.
England's red and white flags were seen across the centre of London, with many landmarks and souvenir stands replacing their usual British union flags with the English cross of St George.
While England have only once previously reached the final of a major tournament, this will be Italy's 10th such final. I
In England's favour, the 60,000-strong crowd will be overwhelmingly supporting the home nation.
Of the other nations in the United Kingdom, Scotland and Wales were knocked out in earlier stages of the tournament while Northern Ireland did not qualify.
(Production: Will Russell, Ben Dangerfield)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains images from newspapers or magazines. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.