- Title: Egypt hands over remains of air crash victims
- Date: 1st January 2017
- Summary: CAIRO, EGYPT (JANUARY 1, 2017) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF FORENSIC MEDICAL AFFAIRS BUILDING FORENSIC MEDICAL AFFAIRS BUILDING MORGUE PARKING LOT FAMILY MEMBERS WALKING VEHICLE DRIVING INTO MORGUE PARKING LOT PEOPLE WALKING FAMILY MEMBERS STANDING AND TALKING FAMILY MEMBERS FILLING OUT PAPER WORK VEHICLE DRIVING OUT OF MORGUE PARKING LOT VEHICLE DRIVING INTO MORGUE PARKING LOT
- Embargoed: 16th January 2017 10:50
- Keywords: Egypt aircrash remains victims
- Location: CAIRO, EGYPT
- City: CAIRO, EGYPT
- Country: Egypt
- Topics: Air Accidents,Disaster/Accidents
- Reuters ID: LVA0015X900NB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Some of the family members of those who died when EgyptAir flight MS804 crashed into the Mediterranean in May last year arrived at the morgue on Sunday (January 1), to collect the remains of their loved-ones.
The remains of crew members were handed over on Saturday (December 31), with the handover of Egyptian, French and other foreign passengers expected to begin on Sunday.
Sixty-six passengers and crew lost their lives in the crash last year, the state news agency MENA reported.
Among those who died when the Airbus A320 went down during its flight from Paris to Cairo were 40 Egyptians and 15 French nationals.
Egyptian investigators said earlier this month that traces of explosives had been found on the remains of victims, but French investigators said it was not possible at that stage to draw conclusions about what might have caused the crash.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None