- Title: Tesla beats quarterly revenue estimates
- Date: 26th July 2021
- Summary: HANAM, SOUTH KOREA (FILE - JULY 2020) (REUTERS) TESLA VEHICLES PARKED AT SUPERCHARGER STATION SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (FILE - JULY 2020) (REUTERS) TESLA VEHICLES AT SUPERCHARGER STATION PAN OF TESLA LOGO ON VEHICLE'S HOOD VARIOUS OF TESLA VEHICLE CHARGING TESLA LOGO ON VEHICLE'S HOOD TESLA LOGO ON LICENSE PLATE
- Embargoed: 9th August 2021 21:04
- Keywords: Elon Musk Tesla earnings electric car maker results shares stock
- Location: SAN FRANCISCO, + LOS ANGELES, + FREMONT, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES, HANAM, + SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA, UNKNOWN LOCATIONS
- City: SAN FRANCISCO, + LOS ANGELES, + FREMONT, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES, HANAM, + SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA, UNKNOWN LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events,United States
- Reuters ID: LVA001ENHBBK7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Electric carmaker Tesla Inc on Monday (July 26) beat Wall Street expectations for second-quarter revenue on the back of record deliveries, despite the impact from a prolonged global shortage of chips and raw materials.
Shares of the world's most valuable automaker were up 1.3% in extended trade.
Despite the pandemic and the supply chain crisis that have marred the auto industry, Tesla earlier this month was able to post record deliveries during the quarter, although it heavily relied on sales of its cheaper models including Model 3 sedans and Model Y crossovers.
The carmaker, led by billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk, said revenue rose to $11.96 billion from $6.04 billion a year earlier, when its U.S. factory was shut down for more than six weeks due to local lockdown orders aimed at curbing the spread of the coronavirus.
Analysts had expected revenue of about $11.3 billion, according to IBES data from Refinitiv.
(Production: Aleksandra Michalska)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None