- Title: Third vaccine dose boosts protection against Delta variant - Pfizer
- Date: 28th July 2021
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PFIZER WORLD HEADQUARTERS BUILDING
- Embargoed: 11th August 2021 15:25
- Keywords: COVID-19 Pfizer coronavirus third dose vaccine vaccine Delta variant
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, + INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA, + JEFFERSON, LOUISIANA, + KALAMAZOO, MICHIGAN, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, + INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA, + JEFFERSON, LOUISIANA, + KALAMAZOO, MICHIGAN, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events,United States
- Reuters ID: LVA007ENRA5AF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Pfizer on Wednesday (July 28) raised its full-year sales forecast for the COVID-19 vaccine it developed with Germany's BioNTech by 29% to $33.5 billion, as nations stock up on doses for the rest of the year.
The company also said it could apply for an emergency use authorization for a potential booster dose as early as August, reiterating that a third shot will likely be needed to enhance protection amid a resurgence in infections in many countries.
New early data showed that a third dose generated virus-neutralizing antibodies more than 5 times higher in younger people and more than 11 times higher in older people than from two doses, Pfizer said.
Pfizer shares were up 2% at $42.98 in morning trading.
(Production: Aleksandra Michalska)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None