- Title: Barbie celebrates Elvis Presley with new collectable doll
- Date: 11th August 2021
- Summary: SOUTH BEND, INDIANA, UNITED STATES (AUGUST 10, 2021) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF ELVIS PRESLEY BARBIE DOLL
- Embargoed: 25th August 2021 14:17
- Keywords: barbie birthday elvis presley mattel memphis music rock and roll
- Location: UNKNOWN LOCATION / SOUTH BEND, INDIANA, UNITED STATES
- City: UNKNOWN LOCATION / SOUTH BEND, INDIANA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,United States
- Reuters ID: LVA001EPU5GEX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Barbie is celebrating the "King of Rock and Roll," Elvis Presley, with a collectable doll to mark Elvis week August 11-17.
The doll is dressed in Presley's "American Eagle" jumpsuit which features colorful rhinestones, a cape and a red scarf. Presley wore the jumpsuit during numerous concert appearances.
Included with the signature doll is a certificate of authenticity.
Elvis' first RCA single, "Heartbreak Hotel," was released in 1956 and became the first Elvis single to sell over 1 million copies, followed by his first album, "Elvis Presley," which went to No. 1 on Billboard's pop album chart.
In 1973 Elvis made television and entertainment history with his "Elvis: Aloha from Hawaii - Via Satellite." It was seen in about 40 countries by 1 billion to 1.5 billion people. The concert album hits No. 1 on the Billboard pop album chart -- his last No. 1 album on that chart.
Presley died August 16, 1977 at his Graceland home in Memphis, Tennessee. He was found on the floor of his bathroom by his fiancÃ©e.
(Production: Alicia Powell)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None