- Title: Lewandowski keen on move from Bayern - reports
- Date: 19th August 2021
- Summary: MUNICH, GERMANY (FILE - SEPTEMBER 17, 2019) (REUTERS) LEWANDOWSKI DURING BAYERN TRAINING MUNICH, GERMANY (FILE - FEBRUARY 24, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF LEWANDOWSKI DURING BAYERN TRAINING
- Embargoed: 2nd September 2021 15:28
- Keywords: Bayern Munich Bundesliga FC Bayern Robert Lewandowski
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Europe,Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA003EQY5GE7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Robert Lewandowski wants to leave Bayern Munich for another top European club, Sky Sports reported on Thursday (August 19).
According to the report, Lewandowski, who turns 33 on Saturday, is keen on a new challenge by the time he turns 35, however, Bayern value the Polish striker at over Â£100m, likely pricing him out of a move.
Lewandowski, who netted a combined 56 goals for club and country last campaign, and has already scored in Bayern's Bundesliga opener against Moennchengladbach on Friday and twice again in the Super Cup victory against Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday, joined the Bavarian giants from Dortmund in June 2014.
The Pole has been crucial in Bayern continuing their German league dominance with seven further Bundesliga titles, three German Cups as well as the 2019-20 Champions League, which helped him scoop The Best FIFA Men's Player award in 2020.
(Production: Stefan Haskins)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None