- Title: Real Madrid make improved Mbappe bid - report
- Date: 26th August 2021
- Summary: ISTANBUL, TURKEY (FILE - SEPTEMBER 30, 2019) (REUTERS) MBAPPE DOING KEEPIE UPPIES MBAPPE DURING TRAINING
- Embargoed: 9th September 2021 16:25
- Keywords: Kylian Mbappe La Liga Ligue 1 PSG Paris St Germain Real Madrid
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: France
- Topics: Europe,Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA004ERX4DVJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Real Madrid have made an improved bid for Paris St. Germain forward Kylian Mbappe, according to media reports on Thursday (August 26).
Media outlet Sky Sports said the LaLiga club raised their offer for the French World Cup-winner to 170 million euros ($199.9 million).
Spanish and French media reported on Tuesday that Real Madrid made a 160 million euros ($187.81 million) bid for the 22-year-old who scored 42 goals in all competitions for PSG last season and has reportedly said he wants to move to Spain.
Real's opening bid was apparently rejected by PSG.
Any sale of Mbappe would allow PSG to recoup some of the costs of Lionel Messi's salary package after they signed the Argentina forward and six times Ballon d'Or winner from Barcelona earlier this month.
PSG ended last season with only one major trophy, the French Cup, after losing the league title by one point to Lille and crashing out in the Champions League semi-finals.
Real, now managed by Italian Carlo Ancelotti, were runners-up domestically last season to city rivals Atletico.
Mbappe joined PSG from AS Monaco in 2017, on loan initially and then permanently a year later in a deal valued at 180 million euros.
(Production: Francis Maguire)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None