- Title: Shortest Indian film raises mask awareness during COVID-19
- Date: 4th September 2021
- Summary: CHENNAI, TAMIL NADU, INDIA (SEPTEMBER 03, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) DIRECTOR OF WORLD'S SHORTEST FILM, ANBU RAJASEKAR, POSING WITH HIS RECORD CERTIFICATES CLOSE OF NOBLE WORLD RECORDS CERTIFICATE VARIOUS OF CLOSE OF TRIUMPH WORLD RECORDS CERTIFICATE
- Embargoed: 18th September 2021 13:03
- Keywords: COVID-19 Chennai India Tamil coronavirus mask precautions shortest film
- Location: CHENNAI, TAMIL NADU, INDIA
- City: CHENNAI, TAMIL NADU, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA001ETAYMHB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Anbu Rajasekar - a Tamil filmmaker in India's southern Chennai city has established a world record for making the world's shortest movie with a duration of just five seconds.
The film "Be Pretty" showcases a man entering a house and a dog starts barking, reminding him to wear a mask.
Rajasekar made the film on his phone during the lockdown period and after learning about the previous record of a seven seconds movie, he compressed the duration and edited it without disturbing its concept.
The previous record was held by an American movie, "Soldier Boy" with a duration of seven seconds.
India is the second-worst affected country in the world by coronavirus, however, poor mask discipline is seen across the country.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None