- Title: Ukrainian environmentalists protest for state to battle climate change
- Date: 26th September 2021
- Summary: KYIV, UKRAINE (SEPTEMBER 26, 2021) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTESTERS MARCHING IN STREET CHANTING (Ukrainian): "CHANGE SYSTEM, NOT CLIMATE" VARIOUS OF PROTESTERS HOLDING BANNER SHOWING PICTURE OF EARTH VARIOUS OF PROTESTERS MARCHING AND CHANTING PROTESTERS STANDING AND HOLDING WITH PLACARDS CHANTING PROTESTERS IN DINOSAUR COSTUME WITH PLACARD READING IN (Ukrainian): "I COULDN'T ADAPT" (SOUNDBITE) (Ukrainian) STUDENT, DANYLO (LAST NAME UNKNOWN), SAYING: "That is why I am here - because I have been thinking of ecology since childhood, we need the state to do something to change the situation so that our planet does not turn into Venus. We need to demand certain measures from the state. If society does not demand anything, then nothing will change."
- Embargoed: 10th October 2021 18:33
- Keywords: Ukraine climate change environmental protesters protest rally
- Location: KYIV, UKRAINE
- City: KYIV, UKRAINE
- Country: Ukraine
- Topics: Climate Change,Environment,Europe,General News,Government / Politics,Climate Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001EWCWYTJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Hundreds of environmental protesters marched in the Ukrainian capital Kyiv on Sunday (September 26) to demand increased actions from their government to battle climate change.
Protesters called on authorities to increase state funding for measures to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, adapt to climate change and other environmental measures.
The rally came weeks before a major UN climate summit in Glasgow, Scotland.
A U.N. climate panel said in a landmark report in August that global warming is dangerously close to spiralling out of control, warning the world is already certain to face further climate disruptions for decades, if not centuries, to come.
(Production: Yury Bakhnov, Valentyn Ogirenko)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None