- Title: Slum-dwellers in India's Ahmedabad receive COVID vaccine in mass drive
- Date: 28th September 2021
- Summary: AHMEDABAD, GUJARAT, INDIA (SEPTEMBER 28, 2021) (REUTERS) HEALTH WORKERS AND PEOPLE IN ALLEY DURING MASS VACCINATION DRIVE IN SLUM AREA HEALTH WORKER USING PHONE / WOMAN STANDING IN FRONT OF REGISTRATION DESK WOMAN GETTING VACCINATED WOMAN STANDING AT ENTRY GATE OF HER HOUSE WOMAN HOLDING A WOMAN AS SHE RECEIVES VACCINE SHOT WOMAN GETTING VACCINATED (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) COMMUNITY LEADER OF AMBEDKAR COLONY, WHERE MASS VACCINATION DRIVE WAS ORGANISED, KASHYAP RAJVANSH, SAYING: "This is a slum and most of the people here are daily-wage workers, domestic helps, and labourers. So, we decided to conduct a mass vaccination drive here for the residents to get vaccinated against COVID-19. People will take vaccines and go for work without any fear and they will not suffer financial losses." VACCINATION DRIVE UNDERWAY IN ALLEY MAN GETTING VACCINATED PEOPLE STANDING IN QUEUE AT VACCINATION DESK WOMEN SEATED AND WAITING FOR THEIR TURN VARIOUS OF PEOPLE GETTING VACCINATED
- Embargoed: 12th October 2021 16:40
- Keywords: Ahmedabad COVISHIELD Gujarat India cases coronavirus health health vaccine
- Location: AHMEDABAD, GUJARAT, INDIA
- City: AHMEDABAD, GUJARAT, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001EWMVB67
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Slum dwellers in India's western Ahmedabad city were inoculated for the deadly coronavirus under a mass vaccination drive on Tuesday (September 28).
The residents of the city's Ambedkar colony slum area queued up in an alley waiting their turn for the vaccination.
The campaign focused on slum dwellers, most of whom are daily wagers and cannot afford to lose a day's income.
"We decided to conduct a mass vaccination drive here for the residents to get vaccinated against COVID-19. People will take vaccines and go for work without any fear and they will not suffer financial losses," said Kashyap Rajvansh, Community Leader of Ambedkar colony.
India is carrying mass vaccinations in a bid to inoculate all of its 944 million adults by December and has so far given over 804 million vaccine doses.
The country's total COVID-19 cases reach about 33.70 mln with 447,373 deaths, as per the health ministry data.
(PRODUCTION- AMIT DAVE, SHIVANGI SINGH, PRINCE RAJ)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None