- Title: South Korea expresses regret over North Korea's missile launch
- Date: 28th September 2021
- Summary: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (FILE - 2021) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF SOUTH KOREA'S DEFENCE MINISTRY SOUTH KOREAN NATIONAL FLAG (CENTRE) AND MILITARY FLAGS
- Embargoed: 12th October 2021 03:27
- Keywords: Defence Ministry North Korea South Korea missile news briefing projectile
- Location: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA002EWMTC1Z
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: South Korea's Defence Ministry on Tuesday (September 28) expressed regret over North Korea's latest missile launch amid Pyongyang's calls for the United States and South Korea to scrap their "hostile policy."
Earlier in the day, North Korea fired an unidentified projectile towards the sea off its east coast, South Korean military said, while Japan's defence ministry said it appeared to be a ballistic missile, without elaborating.
Seoul's Defence Ministry spokesman Boo Seung-chan said the ministry is analysing the intention of North Korea's missile launch and it is regrettable given the situation of the Korean Peninsula which is needed to be stabilized.
The launch came just before North Korea's ambassador to the United Nations urged the United States to give up its hostile policy towards Pyongyang and said no one could deny his country's right to self-defence and to test weapons.
(Production: Yeni Seo, Minwoo Park)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None