- Title: India, Denmark talk 'green growth' in New Delhi
- Date: 9th October 2021
- Summary: ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** FREDERIKSEN AND INDIAN FOREIGN MINISTER SUBRAHMANYAM JAISHANKAR GREETING EACH OTHER VARIOUS OF MEETING IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 23rd October 2021 10:07
- Keywords: Denmark India Mette Frederiksen Narendra Modi agriculture climate change diplomacy fuel green energy joint statement
- Location: NEW DELHI, INDIA
- City: NEW DELHI, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA003EYFRPE7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Danish counterpart Mette Frederiksen met in New Delhi on Saturday (October 09) to boost bilateral ties and cooperation in various areas, including 'green growth'.
In their joint briefing the leaders said they have agreed to enhance their cooperation in areas of health, agriculture, water resource management, and supply chains.
Frederiksen said that India and Denmark's "green cooperation is now part of a very ambitious five-year joint action plan."
She was given a ceremonial welcome at the Indian presidential palace earlier in the day and also met Indian Foreign Minister, Subrahmanyam Jaishankar.
According to government figures, trade between Indian and Denmark stood at $3.58 billion in the year 2020, on a steady rise over the past one decade.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None