- Title: India, Denmark talk 'green growth' in New Delhi
- Date: 9th October 2021
- Summary: NEW DELHI, INDIA (OCTOBER 09, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** HYDERABAD HOUSE INDIAN FLAG INDIAN PRIME MINISTER NARENDRA MODI AND DENMARK PRIME MINISTER, METTE FREDERIKSEN WALKING AND POSING FOR PHOTO OPPORTUNITY FREDERIKSEN AND MODI LEAVING FLAGS OF INDIA AND DENMARK MODI AND FREDERIKSEN ARRIVING FOR MEETING AND GOING INSIDE VARIOUS OF MODI SPEAKING AT DELEGATION-LEVEL MEETING VARIOUS OF FREDERIKSEN WITH OTHER DELEGATES AT MEETING MEETING IN PROGRESS MODI AND FREDERIKSEN ARRIVING FOR JOINT STATEMENT FREDERIKSEN LOOKING ON INDIAN AND DANISH DELEGATES EXCHANGING AGREEMENTS (SOUNDBITE) (English) DENMARK PRIME MINISTER, METTE FREDERIKSEN, SAYING: "I think our cooperation between India and Denmark is a great example on how green growth and green transition can go hand in hand." MODI AND FREDERIKSEN ADDRESSING JOINT STATEMENT (SOUNDBITE) (English) DENMARK PRIME MINISTER, METTE FREDERIKSEN, SAYING: "And we also agreed to work even closer together on areas as health and agriculture. Our green cooperation is now part of a very ambitious five-year joint action plan because wording is not enough, we are very much aware of that, both of us. Now we need to show some concrete resolves." MODI AND FREDERIKSEN AT JOINT BRIEFING (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) INDIAN PRIME MINISTER, NARENDRA MODI, SAYING: "We have also decided to cooperated in the area of agriculture-related technology to increase agricultural productivity and increasing farmers' income in India. Under this, work will be done on food safety, cold chain, food processing, fertilisers, fisheries, aquaculture, and many other areas like this. We will also cooperate on smart water resource management, waste to best, and efficient supply chain." FREDERIKSEN GETTING OUT OF CAR AS MODI WELCOMES HER AT PRESIDENTIAL PALACE/ MODI,FREDERIKSEN, AND OTHERS POSING FOR PHOTOS PHOTOGRAPHER CLICKING PICTURES VARIOUS OF FREDERIKSEN BEING ACCORDED CEREMONIAL WELCOME PRESIDENTIAL CEREMONIAL GUARDS ON HORSES VARIOUS OF CEREMONIAL WELCOME EVENT
- Embargoed: 23rd October 2021 10:07
- Keywords: Denmark India Mette Frederiksen Narendra Modi agriculture climate change diplomacy fuel green energy joint statement
- Location: NEW DELHI, INDIA
- City: NEW DELHI, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001EYFRPE7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Danish counterpart Mette Frederiksen met in New Delhi on Saturday (October 09) to boost bilateral ties and cooperation in various areas, including 'green growth'.
In their joint briefing the leaders said they have agreed to enhance their cooperation in areas of health, agriculture, water resource management, and supply chains.
Frederiksen said that India and Denmark's "green cooperation is now part of a very ambitious five-year joint action plan."
She was given a ceremonial welcome at the Indian presidential palace earlier in the day and also met Indian Foreign Minister, Subrahmanyam Jaishankar.
According to government figures, trade between Indian and Denmark stood at $3.58 billion in the year 2020, on a steady rise over the past one decade.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None