- Title: John Kerry arrives at Middle East Peace conference in Paris
- Date: 15th January 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JANUARY 15, 2017) (AGENCY POOL) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** FRENCH FOREIGN MINISTER, JEAN-MARC AYRAULT, SHAKING HANDS WITH UNITED STATES SECRETARY OF STATE, JOHN KERRY AYRAULT AND KERRY WALKING IN, SHAKING HANDS FOR THE MEDIA, AND WALKING INSIDE KERRY WALKING IN TO CONFERENCE ROOM AND GREETING VARIOUS COLLEAGUES VARIOUS OF KERRY GREETING AND TALKING TO COLLEAGUES DELEGATES SEATED / KERRY GREETING EUROPEAN UNION FOREIGN POLICY CHIEF, FEDERICA MOGHERENI KERRY GREETING DELEGATE DELEGATES SEATED FRENCH PRESIDENT, FRANCOIS HOLLANDE, WALKING IN WITH AYRAULT AND SHAKING HANDS WITH DELEGATES
- Embargoed: 29th January 2017 14:20
- Keywords: Israel Palestinians summit peace Middle-East Kerry Hollande
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0015Z6XIYV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: United States Secretary of State, John Kerry, arrived for the Middle East peace talks in Paris on Sunday (January 15).
Some 70 countries, including key European and Arab states as well as the permanent members of the U.N. Security Council, are in the French capital for the meeting.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has rejected the talks as "futile". Neither the Israelis nor the Palestinians will be represented.
Paris has said the meeting would not impose anything on Israel or the Palestinians and that only direct negotiations could resolve the conflict.
A draft communique seen by Reuters reaffirms existing international resolutions, urges both sides to restate their commitment to the two-state solution and disavow officials who reject it. The communique asks the protagonists to "refrain from unilateral steps that prejudge the outcome of final status negotiations".
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None