- Title: Bottas joins Mercedes to replace world champion Rosberg
- Date: 16th January 2017
- Summary: GROVE, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - NOVEMBER 3, 2016) (REUTERS) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** BOTTAS ARRIVING AT THE LAUNCH OF WILLIAMS' 2017 TEAM WITH NEW SIGNING LANCE STROLL VARIOUS OF STROLL AND BOTTAS POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS WITH A WILLIAMS F1 CAR VARIOUS OF WILLIAMS' 2017 CAR ON DISPLAY BOTTAS AND STROLL POSING IN FRONT OF THE WILLIAMS CAR WITH WILLIAMS DEPUTY TEAM PRINCIPAL, CLAIRE WILLIAMS
- Embargoed: 30th January 2017 14:53
- Keywords: Mercedes Valtteri Bottas Williams Nico Rosberg Lewis Hamilton Formula One
- Location: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO / PESSIONE, ITALY / SILVERSTONE AND GROVE, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / CIRCUIT MONTEBLANCO, HUELVA, SPAIN
- City: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO / PESSIONE, ITALY / SILVERSTONE AND GROVE, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / CIRCUIT MONTEBLANCO, HUELVA, SPAIN
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Motor Racing,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0055ZBX1DR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Finnish driver Valtteri Bottas will replace retired Formula One world champion Nico Rosberg at Mercedes this season, the Wiiliams team announced on Monday (January 16).
Brazilian Felipe Massa, who retired at the end of last season, has agreed a one-year contract to take Bottas's seat at Williams.
Bottas, 27, will partner Britain's triple world champion Lewis Hamilton at the sport's dominant team, winners of the last three drivers and constructors' titles and favourites again this year.
The Finn has yet to win a grand prix in four seasons at Williams, making nine podium appearances, but he can now expect to end that wait and step up as a genuine contender for the title.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None