- Title: Funeral held for Palestinian killed by Israeli troops in West Bank clash
- Date: 17th January 2017
- Summary: VARIOUS OF FUNERAL PROCESSION
- Embargoed: 31st January 2017 11:21
- Keywords: Israel Palestinians Violence Funeral
- Location: TEKOA, WEST BANK
- City: TEKOA, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0025ZGZ13B
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Several hundreds of mourners attended on Tuesday (January 17) a funeral for a Palestinian youth who was killed by Israeli border police during a clash with protesters in the occupied West Bank, Israeli and Palestinian officials said.
The violence erupted on Monday (January 16) near the town of Bethlehem between a crowd of stone-throwing Palestinians and Israeli troops.
"Hundreds of rioters hurled rocks at the security forces in the area," an Israeli military spokeswoman said. "Due to the extent of the violence, border police fired 0.22 calibre rounds towards a main violent instigator, resulting in his death."
The funeral for the 17-year-old Palestinian was held in the West Bank village of Tekoa, near Bethlehem.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.