- Title: Designer Lena Hoschek presents her 'Dollhouse' collection at Berlin Fashion Week
- Date: 17th January 2017
- Summary: VARIOUS OF MODELS WALKING IN DRESSES
- Embargoed: 31st January 2017 19:12
- Keywords: Berlin Fashion Week Hoschek
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
- City: BERLIN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA0025ZH0MS9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Austrian designer Lena Hoschek presented her autumn/winter collection "Dollhouse" on Tuesday (January 17) at the Berlin Fashion Week.
Inspired by a t-shirt her mum wore when she was pregnant with Lena, the designer took to the bubble-gum pink, leopard print and glitter of the '80s as well as wide swinging dresses known form the '50s.
Many of the wide-swinging dresses and skirts made from cotton, jersey and lamÃ©, with names such as "Confetti Dress" or "Candy Dress", also exude charm with polka dots, little hearts and specially made lipstick prints.
"For me the '80s and the '90s with their grunge music were strongly connected to girl power. Not only in my own growing up. I was a loud girl. I was heavy into punk and grunge in my teenage days. That translates into leopard patterns, sometimes Mickey Mouses, and bright colours. I wore those from head-to-toe. Colourful, loud, crazy, that was the most important," Hoschek told Reuters TV.
In cooperation with the Walt Disney company, Hoschek's collection also shows Mickey Mouse prints on some of the dresses.
This season the designer and her team put much attention to playful frills and oversized meshes as well as feminine silhouette. A slight hint of "like a virgin", on the other hand, is suggested by the bridal gown strewn with embroidered hearts. To complete the girly look, the designer also created sexy glitter pumps.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.