- Title: Bolt stripped of Olympic gold after Jamaica team mate Carter tests positive
- Date: 25th January 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (JUNE 1, 2012) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** BOLT WEARING JAMAICA 2012 OLYMPIC KIT, DESIGNED BY CEDELLA MARLEY, DAUGHTER OF BOB MARLEY, WALKS UP AND DOWN CATWALK, FINISHING WITH HIS "LIGHTNING" POSE
- Embargoed: 8th February 2017 15:19
- Keywords: Olympics Jamaica Relay Usain Bolt Carter
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA AND LONDON, UK
- City: BEIJING, CHINA AND LONDON, UK
- Country: Jamaica
- Topics: Olympics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA00360KXVZZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Usain Bolt has lost one of his nine Olympic gold medals after Jamaica team mate Nesta Carter was found guilty of doping at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
Carter was found to have taken the prohibited substance methylhexaneamine, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) said on Wednesday (January 25).
The Jamaica team must return their medals. Trinidad and Tobago will be promoted to gold, Japan move up to silver and fourth-placed Brazil will be awarded bronze, subject to any further results from the IOC anti-doping retesting programme.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.