- Title: UK: Supermodel Naomi Campbell bailed after plane arrest
- Date: 9th April 2008
- Summary: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE - MARCH 2007) (REUTERS) EXTERIORS OF NEW YORK DEPARTMENT OF SANITATION DEPARTMENT OF SANITATION SIGN CAMPBELL APPEARING FOR COMMUNITY SERVICE AT THE NEW YORK DEPARTMENT OF SANITATION
- Embargoed: 24th April 2008 13:00
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA6P44A3825CZG4C5BH7RX52734
- Story Text: Naomi Campbell is arrested after allegedly spitting on a police officer.
Supermodel Naomi Campbell was arrested at Heathrow's new Terminal 5 on Thursday (April 3) after allegedly spitting at a police officer. The 37 year old was reportedly aboard a British Airways plane when she was escorted off the U.S. bound flight by police and the alleged assault occurred.
The British Airport Authority (BAA) confirmed a passenger was removed from a BA flight, but would not disclose the age or identity of the traveller.
"Police were called to remove a passenger from a British Airways flight this afternoon," a BAA spokesman told Reuters.
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson also revealed that a woman had been arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer at Terminal 5 and had been taken to Heathrow Police Station, but declined to provide any further details.
Campbell's temper has landed her in trouble in the past. She pleaded guilty in Toronto in 2000 to assault for hitting an assistant in 1998 while filming in Canada. On that occasion she was released without a criminal record after an agreement with prosecutors.
In January last year, Campbell pleaded guilty to misdemeanour assault for hitting her former maid, Amanda Brack, in the face with a mobile phone during a dispute over a missing pair of jeans. Campbell was sentenced a five-day community service order mopping floors over that incident.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None