- Title: BRAZIL: Naomi Campbell reportedly has emergency surgery to remove cyst
- Date: 27th February 2008
- Summary: RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL (FILE) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF SUPERMODEL NAOMI CAMPBELL PARADING IN RIO FASHION WEEK
- Embargoed: 13th March 2008 12:00
- Location: Brazil
- Country: Brazil
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA9B244JEM2K629S5KBKOCY724K
- Story Text: British supermodel Naomi Campbell recovers from emergency abdominal surgery in a Brazilian hospital.
British supermodel Naomi Campbell was recovering in a Sao Paulo hospital on Tuesday (February 26) from an emergency abdominal surgery to remove a cyst, according to hospital officials and her spokesman.
Thirty-seven-year-old Campbell was admitted on Monday (February 25) to the Hospital Sirio-Libanes, one of Sao Paulo's best hospitals. The hospital confirmed that Campbell was in its care but declined to elaborate on her condition.
According to her spokesman in Los Angeles, the supermodel is now recovering from what he said was a successful procedure.
The surgeon who attended to Campbell, Dr. Jose Aristodemo Pinotti, said she underwent laparoscopic surgery.
Campbell often visits Brazil, where she has been known to show up at Carnival festivities and is frequently photographed at parties with Brazilian celebrities.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None