- Title: FRANCE/FILE: French authorities confirm mugging of Naomi Campbell in Paris
- Date: 4th January 2013
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - MARCH 9, 2011) (REUTERS) BRITISH SUPERMODEL NAOMI CAMPBELL ON CATWALK AT LOUIS VUITTON SHOW AUDIENCE CLAPPING CAMPBELL ON CATWALK
- Embargoed: 19th January 2013 12:00
- Location: France
- Country: France
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA4LP9L64UWLQ0X4CQ851W9L70R
- Story Text: British supermodel Naomi Campbell was mugged by two assailants who tried to steal her handbag in Paris in late November, the prosecutor's office and police said on Friday (January 4).
Campbell lodged a complaint with police after being attacked by two men on motorbikes in the capital's trendy Marais neighbourhood.
The men attempted to steal Campbell's bag from inside the car she was in on the evening of November 21, a police source said.
U.S. media reported that Campbell had suffered a knee injury in the attack and could require surgery.
A spokesman for Campbell declined to comment and Paris police could not give details of any injuries, saying Campbell had declined an offer to be examined by doctors at the police station.
The incident occurred a short distance from a bar where fashion designer John Galliano made headlines in early 2011 by making an anti-Semitic outburst at fellow drinkers.
Campbell, 42, has herself been convicted of assaults on her staff and on police officers and was ordered by one judge to attend anger management classes.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.