- Title: SAUDI ARABIA: UK's Prince Charles kicks off Middle East tour in Saudi
- Date: 18th February 2014
- Summary: RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA (FEBRUARY 17,2014) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PRINCE CHARLES'S PLANE ARRIVING AY ROYAL TERMINAL AT KING KHALED INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT PRINCE CHARLES WALKING DOWN AND SHAKING HANDS WITH PRINCE MUTAIB BIN ABDULLAH AL-SAUD, MINISTER OF NATIONAL GUARD VARIOUS OF PRINCE CHARLES AND PRINCE MUTAIB WALKING AWAY FROM AIRCRAFT PRINCE MUTAIB AND PRINCE CHARLES SEATED PRINCE CHARLES DRINKING SAUDI COFFEE PRINCE MUTIAB SPEAKING TO PRINCE CHARLES PRINCE CHARLES DRINKING COFEE VARIOUS OF PRINCES SPEAKING TO EACH OTHER BRITISH DELEGATION SEATED AND THE TWO PRINCES LEAVING ROYAL TERMINAL PRINCE CHARLES AND PRINCE MUTAIB RIDING IN ONE CAR VARIOUS OF CONVOY LEAVING
- Embargoed: 5th March 2014 12:00
- Location: Saudi Arabia
- Country: Saudi Arabia
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVA29WR7XTMXXEP4QT7H5NTSSTH2
- Story Text: Prince Charles, the heir to the British throne, embarked on a short tour of the Middle East on Monday (February 17).
The Prince of Wales was welcomed in Riyadh by Prince Mutaib bin Abdullah bin Abdullah al-Saud, minister of the National Guard.
The pair sat down for a short conversation in the Royal Hall at the airport in Riyadh, where Charles was seen drinking Saudi coffee, before joiing Prince Mutaib in the same car and leaving the airport.
His four-day trip to Saudi Arabia and Qatar comes just under a year since he last toured the region.
Most of the engagements on his tour are private but there are set to be some public events including a tour of an old Saudi Arabian city Diriyah.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None