- Title: SYRIA: SAUDI ARABIA SIGNS 220 MILLION DOLLAR LOAN AGREEMENT FOR SYRIA.
- Date: 12th April 1975
- Summary: 1. GV INTERIOR Syrian and Saudi Ministers seated 0.05 2. SCU Syrian and Saudi Finance Ministers signing agreement 0.32 3. SV Officials look on 0.35 4. SCU Ministers shaking hands 0.43 5. SV INTERIOR President Assad seated with Saudi Minister during talks (4 shots) 1.18 Initials CL/2017 CL/2027 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 27th April 1975 13:00
- Location: DAMASCUS, SYRIA
- Country: Syria
- Reuters ID: LVA5JQ1N67CLBHAD2MM2QXDZJGDW
- Story Text: Saudi Arabia has agreed to lend Syria 220 million dollars (about GBP100 million storing) over a three year period.
Under an agreement signed on Thursday (10 April), Saudi Arabia will finance the building of a smelting plant and factories producing fertilizer and steel pipes.
The document was signed between the Saudi Arabian Minister of State for Finance and National Economy, Sheikh Mohammed Ali Aba Al-Khail, and the Syrian Finance Minister Mohammed Al-Sherif.
The loan was agreed during a visit to Syria by the late King Faisal in mid-January. Syria will begin to repay the interest-free money over three years beginning in 1983.
Later, the Saudi Arabian delegation met President Hafez Al-Assad in the Presidential Palace for talks on financial and economic co-operation.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None