- Title: YEMEN: EX-KING SAUD "RECOGNISES REPUBLIC ON BEHALF OF SAUDI ARABIA"
- Date: 25th April 1967
- Summary: Ex-King Saud at Sanaa Airport; Saud greeted by President Abdullah Al-Sallal and officials. Initials JBC/V/JH/GLH Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 10th May 1967 13:00
- Location: Sanaa, Yemen
- Country: Yemen
- Reuters ID: LVA98R3Q21OHAKT8GSSW5F5DXDMZ
- Story Text: Ex-King Saud of Saudi Arabia, who is now living in exile in Egypt, has visited the Yemen. While in Sanaa, the Middle East News Agency said, he declared recognition of the Yemen Republic "on behalf of Saudi Arabia."
The ex-King's younger half-brother, King Feisal of Saudi Arabia, has been supporting the Royalists in the Yemen's civil war, against the republicans backed by Egypt.
The news agency said, that ex-King Saud was accompanied on his visit to the republican capital by the United Arab Republic's First Vice-President, Field Marshal Abdel Hakim Amer, by the Speaker of the UAR National Assembly, Anwar Sadat, by the Minister of War, Shams El Din Badran, and by President Nasser's personal representative, Hassan Sabri al Kholi.
Other members of the party included the former monarch's two sons, the Princes Khaled and Mansour, and the UAR's specialist on the Yemen, Mr Abdel Kader Hatem.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None