- Title: U.A.R.: KING FAISAL OF SAUDI ARABIA IN TALKS WITH PRESIDENT SADAT.
- Date: 21st June 1971
- Summary: 1. GV Kubbeh Palace, Cairo 0.05 2. SV King Faisal enters 0.10 3. SV Saudi delegation following King 0.18 4. SV Anwar Sadat enters 0.19 5. SV Cameraman around entrance to room 0.22 6. SCU King Faisal talks to Sadat 0.37 7. SV Saudi delegates at conference table 0.42 8. SV U.A.R. delegates at table 0.45 9. SV Faisal and Sadat 0.53 Initials OS/1111 OS/1128 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 6th July 1971 13:00
- Location: CAIRO, UNITED ARAB REPUBLIC
- Country: Egypt
- Reuters ID: LVA83XN2TADQHK9UY6DQGSN23598
- Story Text: U.A.R. President Anwar Sadat and King Faisal of Saudi Arabia opened formal talks on Sunday (20 June) on major problems in the Arab world.
The King arrived in Cairo on Saturday (19 June) for a week's state visit at President Sadat's invitation. It was the King's first visit since President Sadat came to power last September. The talks between the two leaders, at the former Royal Kubbeh Palace where King Faisal is staying and later in Alexandria, are ranging over the Middle East crisis, the tense situation between the authorities and the guerrillas in Jordan, and the political future of the Gulf emirates after the British withdrawal later this year.
President Sadat and King Faisal will also discuss the feasibility of holding an Arab summit to deal, at Pan-Arab level, with the Arab-Israeli conflict and the future of the Palestine Resistance movement. Ten Arab states have already agreed to such a meeting.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None