- Title: JORDAN: SAUDI ARABIAN CIVIL DEFENCE CHIEF SEES HOW IT'S DONE IN JORDAN
- Date: 17th February 1973
- Summary: 1. GV Ministry of Interior building 0.05 2. SV INT. Al-Oufi greeted by Deputy Premier 0.13 3. SV Hussein portrait 0.14 4. SV PAN Al-Oufi TO Deputy Premier seated talking (4 shots) 0.27 5. GV Civil Defence firefighters tackle petrol blaze 0.32 6. CU Al-Oufi watching PAN TO General Nasser, head of Jordanian Civil Defence (2 shots) 0.38 7. GV Firemen fight blaze with foam 0.48 8. SV INT. Defence worker aids victim 0.51 9. GV Fire on hillside (2 shots) 1.00 10. GV Fire engine arrives 1.04 11. LV General Al-Oufi & party watching 1.07 12. GV Firemen tackle blaze (2 shots) 1.12 13. SV Al-Oufi & party watch 1.14 14. GV Fire appliance in action (2 shots) 1.22 15. CU El-Nasser & Al-Oufi 1.25 16. GV Firefighters in action (2 shots) 1.34 17. GV Crowd 1.38 18. SV Victim carried to ambulance 1.42 19. SCU Al-Oufi & party watch victim into ambulance & drives off (3 shots) 1.57 Ministry of Interior in Amman; General Al-Oufi greeted by Deputy Prime Minister Al-Tarawneh, General and Jordanian Civil Defence Chief watching fire-fighting demonstrations. Initials SGM/1505 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 4th March 1973 12:00
- Location: Amman, Jordan
- Country: Jordan
- Reuters ID: LVA1RN5AC40TVZFPJ2979W1E9OV7
- Story Text: General Fayez Mohammed Al-Oufi, the General Director of Civil Defence in Saudi Arabia, is spending a week in Jordan. The General, who arrived on February 13, is paying a return visit to the Jordanian Director of Civil Defence, Major General Qasem El-Nasser.
The General has been discussing ways to increase co-operation between the two countries on Civil Defence matters. He has also seen various aspects of Jordanian Civil Defence work -- and also found time for a tour of Jordanian beauty spots.
SYNOPSIS: At the Ministry of Interior in Amman, the Saudi Arabian General Director of Civil Defence, General Fayez Mohammed Al-Oufi, was welcomed to Jordan by the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior, Mr. Ahmad Al-Tarawneh. General Al-Oufi is spending a week in Jordan discussing ways in which the two countries can co-operate more fully on Civil Defence matter.
He's also seen Jordanian Civil Defence workers in action. The General watched this demonstration with the Jordanian Director of Civil Defence, Major General Qasem El-Nasser.
General Al-Oufi's Jordanian visit is in return for a recent trip to Saudi Arabia by Major General El-Nasser. The Saudi Arabian visitor saw members of the Amman Municipality fire department tackling various emergencies, all realistically staged.
As the firemen went into action, General Al-Oufi watched with a professional eye.
The General took a keen interest in the latest Jordanian equipment.
Major General El-Nasser pointed out the techniques used by the Jordanian fire-fighters, using the demonstration to illustrate various points which had arisen during discussions on various civil defence matters. Jordanian spectators enjoyed the free show as the rescue workers coped with the emergency and dealt with the "victims". General Al-Oufi seemed impressed with the efficiency of the Jordanian team and the speed with which it handled the situation, using the latest equipment and techniques.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None