- Title: JORDAN: FIFTH INTERNATIONAL ARABIAN HORSE HOME SHOW
- Date: 20th September 1994
- Summary: HUSSEIN SPORT CITY, AMMAN, JORDAN (SEPTEMBER 20 AND 21, 1994) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) SEPTEMBER 20 1. GV PRINCESS ALIA (KING HUSSEIN'S DAUGHTER) AND HER HUSBAND WATCHING RACES 0.04 2. GV RACE IN PROGRESS, CROWDS CHEERING (2 SHOTS) 0.30 3. GV MEN WATCHING RACE 0.32 4. GV JOCKEYS AND HORSES WINNING RACE 0.41 SEPTEMBER 21 5. GV QUEEN NOOR WATCHING HORSES PARADING 0.45 6. GV WHITE HORSES PARADING IN RING 0.50 7. GV BAY AND WHITE HORSE IN RING TOGETHER 0.54 8. GV ARABIAN HORSES BEING RUN INTO RING (3 SHOTS) 1.22 9. GV QUEEN NOOR PRESENTING PRIZE (2 SHOTS) 1.40 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 5th October 1994 13:00
- Location: HUSSEIN SPORT CITY, AMMAN, JORDAN
- Country: Jordan
- Reuters ID: LVAA56YROTHHVXNBPAL3X9UC7N91
- Story Text: More than 170 horses from around the world are taking part this week in the fifth International Arabian Horse Home Show at the Royal Stables in the Jordanian capital of Amman.
The five-day contest, which began on Wednesday (September 20), includes races, "foal at foot championships" and a marathon event.
Participants include horses from Syria, Iraq, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, France, Britain, the United States and Jordan, with judges from Lebanon, Italy, Sweden, France, Switzerland, Ireland, Australia, Britain and Jordan.
At the end of the horse beauty contest on Thursday (September 21), Queen Noor of Jordan presented winners with trophies and prizes. The first prize went to Qatar on the second day of the competition in the foal and foot event.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None