- Title: ISRAEL: Illusionist David Blaine visits wounded soldiers in Israel
- Date: 17th August 2006
- Summary: SAFED, ISRAEL (AUGUST 16, 2006) (REUTERS) ILLUSIONIST DAVID BLAINE OUTSIDE HOSPITAL BLAINE WALKING THROUGH HOSPITAL PATIENT AT HOSPITAL WATCHING CARD TRICK BY BLAINE (SOUNDBITE) (English) ILLUSIONIST DAVID BLAINE SAYING: "I feel if I'm able to make one person smile for one minute then I'm doing something good." BLAINE SHOWING ANOTHER CARD TRICK BLAINE TOURING HOSPITAL
- Embargoed: 1st September 2006 13:00
- Location: Israel
- Country: Israel
- Topics: Entertainment,Defence / Military
- Reuters ID: LVA2K1T616LEY7FOG5W824QU95SK
- Story Text: Illusionist David Blaine visited an Israeli hospital on Wednesday (August 16) as part of a five day visit to show his solidarity with the people of Israel. Patients were treated to a variety of card tricks by the 33-year old American Jew.
"I feel if I'm able to make one person smile for one minute then I'm doing something good", Blaine said.
The tour is a joint initiative between Blaine's manager Yossi Siegel and the Israeli consulate in New York.
David Blaine has been called the most famous stunt artist in the world, and a true heir to Harry Houdini.
In his latest stunt - hyped as "drowned alive" - Blaine spent seven days in an eight foot sphere of water in front of New York's Lincoln centre.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None