- Title: GREECE: Harley Davidson bikers from across Europe flock for super rally 2001
- Date: 9th June 2001
- Summary: IGOUMENITSA, GREECE (JUNE 2, 2001, (REUTERS) GV LANDSCAPE WITH SUNSET; SLV BIKERS AT CAMPSITE ON BEACH; MV HARLEY DAVIDSON BIKES PARKED; SLV CONVOY OF BIKES BEING DRIVEN ON SITE (13 SHOTS) (1.11) SLV BIKERS RECEIVING AWARDS FOR THEIR BIKES; BIKERS ENJOYING RALLY (8 SHOTS) (1.58) (SOUNDBITE)(English) JOB FAHNBACH, FROM HOLLAND, SAYING: "I have a company myself and I work a lot, and to be one and half weeks off the racket, and to do the things I want to do, and to behave a little than I do normally. (2.14) WIDE OF THREE WOMEN SUNBATHING ON BEACH BESIDE WATER (2.19) SOUNDBITE (English) FAHNBACH SAYING: "It's a lot of fun, a lot of fun. The highest goal is to go to a super rally." BIKERS (SOUNDBITE)(English) TONY, FROM HOLLAND, SAYING "The travelling, to ride, and the scooting, drink beer, something to eat and the trip. The trip is the best. Here, today is enough. Two weeks on the bike is nicer." WOMEN PLAYING GLADIATOR GAME, WHERE THEY DRESS AS GLADIATORS AND PRETEND TO FIGHT (4.18)
- Embargoed: 24th June 2001 13:00
- Location: IGOUMENITSA, GREECE
- Country: Greece
- Topics: Quirky,Light / Amusing / Unusual / Quirky
- Reuters ID: LVA1AIMHP8O8SR3URWJD2596P7QT
- Story Text: Thousands of Harley Davidson bikers from across Europe have flocked to Greece for Super Rally 2001, five days of a bonding beach party by Harley Davidson gurus and their motorcycles. Events include mud wrestling, wet-T-shirt contests and contests for the best bike.
Some nine thousand Harley Davidson faithfuls rode in or landed by boat from European countries to the Greek coastal town of Igoumenitsa, for the annual event taking place on Drepano Beach on the Ionian coast.
The get-together will last five days and includes rock concerts, games, water sports and events such as mud wrestling and wet T-shirt contests. It also included a bike contest and games.
The event is an opportunity for hardline Harley Davidson fans who have a known passion for their bikes to show off all makes of Harley Davidson, Indian and Buell motorcycles and compare notes. The fans are not typical leather clad bikers, but wear suits and ties by day.
Some say it's an ideal way to relax and have fun.
In a gleaming display, tattooed riders paraded their bikes between swimming and countryside excursions.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None