- Title: UNITED KINGDOM: MARIANNE FAITHFULL PROMOTES HER AUTOBIOGRAPHY AND NEW ALBUM
- Date: 19th July 1995
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JULY 19, 1995) (RTV) WIDE OF HMV MUSIC STORE MARIANNE FAITHFULL WITH COPY OF HER BOOK "FAITHFULL"
- Embargoed: 3rd August 1995 13:00
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Reuters ID: LVA7YPLYM3H2OXSR35J1B43BM304
- Story Text: Nineteen-sixties star Marianne Faithfull has appeared at a London music store to promote her autobiography and new album.
After signing copies of "Faithfull", published in paperback this week, the singer read segments to the crowd.
Both the album and autobiography have been critically acclaimed, with The Times newspaper describing "Faithfull" as "an astonishingly honest and vital description of what it was like to be at the centre of that loony court of the hip, rich vain and beautiful people of the 1960s." In the book Faithfull recounts in detail her affair with Rolling Stone Mick Jagger. She also traces her life from the lowest ebb of heroin addiction to to her current status as grandmother and revitalised singer.
Now aged 48, Faithfull recently performed in London in the same week as the Rolling Stones. Faithfull's infamous song about heroin addiction, Sister Morphine, was co-written with Jagger and Keith Richards.
Faithfull's latest album, "A Secret Life," was produced by Twin Peaks composer Angelo Badalamenti.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.