- Title: ARGENTINA: Summer styles sizzle on the Buenos Aires runway
- Date: 9th August 2011
- Summary: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA (AUGUST 19, 2011) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PUBLIC ENTERING VENUE FOR FASHION SHOW / WOMEN LOOKING AT CLOTHES ON HANGERS VARIOUS OF "PLACIDO Y DOMINGA" RUNWAY SHOW FEATURING DRESSES VARIOUS OF OF "ALICIA FUHR" RUNWAY SHOW FEATURING LINGERIE VARIOUS OF OF "VANLON" RUNWAY SHOW FEATURING SILK SHIRTS AND KNIT SWEATERS
- Embargoed: 24th August 2011 13:00
- Location: Argentina, Argentina
- Country: Argentina
- Topics: Arts
- Reuters ID: LVA30CI6GXLGZS4S9MPWMWABFDSF
- Story Text: Even as Argentines bundle up in the heavy coats, hats and gloves, the runways of Buenos Aires were steaming on Friday (August 19) as designers trotted out their latest trends for spring and summer at "Buenos Aires Fashion".
The hot weather styles spanned a wide range, from the sultry lingerie of Alicia Fuhr to the free-flowing shirts and shorts of Vanlon.
Designer Mirta Armesto said there's something for everyone this year.
"This is a very marked trend. This is the romantic, the sailor, the strong colours, the floras, a touch of black and white - for all styles. Wide pants, narrow pants, long skirts and a lot of clothing. It is a season to permanently reinvent yourself. Pretty colors, strong , combined with paler ones. The pallet is huge. It is a happy summer that has something for every kind of woman, for the classic and for the daring," she said.
Armesto's collection also included a range of shorts and trousers, vests and tanks, bikinis and cover-ups and colorful dresses.
"Buenos Aires Fashion" has served as a commercial platform for Argentina's labels for over 25 years.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.