- Title: BRAZIL: Top designers showcase summer trends
- Date: 15th June 2011
- Summary: SAO PAULO, BRAZIL (JUNE 14, 2011) (REUTERS) LOGO OF SAO PAULO FASHION WEEK IN VENUE ENTRANCE VARIOUS OF MODELS GETTING READY IN MAKE-UP ROOM BEFORE PARADE
- Embargoed: 30th June 2011 13:00
- Location: Brazil, Brazil
- Country: Brazil
- Topics: Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA3IK8VMW9NEHG6WLORJ8J0PJYH
- Story Text: Brazil's top designers continued to present their upcoming spring/summer collections on Tuesday (June 14) at the 31st edition of Sao Paulo Fashion Week.
Although this edition of South America's most important fashion event is lacking a bit in celebrities, fashionistas from all parts of the world are paying attention to what shows up on its catwalks.
With the absence of Brazil's top-paid supermodel Gisele Bundchen, the U.S. model-turned-actor Ashton Kutcher is likely to steal the spotlight when he walks down the runway on Wednesday night.
Designer Jefferson Kulig took a variety of fabrics and patchwork to the catwalk, including outfits with prints of colorful horses.
With the exception of a few green and purple outfits, white and beige prevailed throughout the parade.
Fashion experts have said the upcoming summer won't be as colorful as previous seasons in the tropical Latin American country.
Although Kulig's collection was criticize by some fashion experts, many people like ballet dancer Felipe Camargo seemed to have liked his creations.
"I really liked it. I think it was a very light parade and straight to the point. I really liked it; it was pretty cool," he said.
Fashion student Alessandra Werneck agreed.
"I really liked the details, the more stylish outfits, and the skirts and shoes were also very nice," she said.
Brand Iodice also paraded on the second night of the bi-annual event, presenting a mix of romantic and sexy outfits.
Designer Valdemar Iodice confirmed the trend of the soft color pallet for the next season with his collection.
Thirty-one Brazilian designers will present their upcoming collections until Saturday (June 18), when Sao Paulo Fashion Week closes.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None