- Title: ITALY: FASHION - International upcoming designers show at Milan fashion week
- Date: 3rd October 2009
- Summary: MILAN, ITALY (SEPTEMBER 30, 2009) (REUTERS) VARIOUS MODEL ON CATWALK AT RIZWAN BEYG FASHION SHOW VARIOUS MODEL ON CATWALK AT MAHEEN FASHION SHOW VARIOUS MODEL ON CATWALK AT DEEPAK PERWANI FASHION SHOW VARIOUS MODEL ON CATWALK AT BEATRIZ CAMACHO FASHION SHOW VARIOUS MODEL ON CATWALK AT LEAL DACCARETT FASHION SHOW VARIOUS MODEL ON CATWALK AT LENA KARNAUHOVA FASHION SHOW VARIOUS MODEL ON CATWALK AT MASHA KRAVTSOVA FASHION SHOW
- Embargoed: 18th October 2009 13:00
- Location: Italy
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA7ZR04J5AL3J8NQB1M0WK26KZ8
- Story Text: Upcoming designers from Pakistan, Colombia, Russia and India showed off their creations on the Milan catwalks here on Wednesday (September 30), as part of an initiative to promote new talent during the spring/summer 2010 fashion week.
Pakistan's Rizwan Beyg used a traditional cotton tape or Niwar and lots of hand crocheting for an all white collection of tops, skirts and long dresses while Maheen Khan offered a more colourful collection with flowing tops and loose trousers, inspired by the centuries old road, the Khyber Pass.
Deepak Perwani was inspired the decorations of a traditional tablecloth, using lots of embroidery and sequins for playful dresses.
From Colombia, Beatriz Camacho focused on silk printed dresses, while Leal-Daccarett tucked chiffon tops into tight, straight, knee-length skirts and dressed models in long, flowing dresses.
Russian designer Lena Karnauhova dressed up grey short leggings with overflowing tops and coats.
Her chiffon dresses were see-through.
Masha Kravtsova opted for very structured designs, with square corsets and sharp jacket collars over bubble skirts.
India's Alpana and Neeraj for Azara chose pastels and fluorescents for flowing sari dresses, sheer summer jackets, sequinned skirts and high-waisted shorts.
Atsu Sekhose chose a modern interpretation of traditional Indian drapes and silhouettes for his Atsu line, with short sari-like skirts, harem trousers and gold sandals.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.