- Title: FRANCE: Demure A-line shaped dresses and smart wool coats reign at Valentino show
- Date: 9th March 2011
- Summary: MODEL WEARING A WINE-COLOURED LONG-SLEEVED A-LINE DRESS WITH BOW MODEL WEARING A LIGHT PINK LONG-SLEEVED A-LINE DRESS WITH STUDS MODEL WEARING A DUSTY ROSE-COLORED LONG-SLEEVED LASER CUT DRESS WITH SHEER SLEEVES AND BUTTONS MODEL WEARING A NAVY BLUE LACY DRESS WITH RUFFLES PAIRED WITH A NAVY BLUE SWEATER AMERICAN RAPPER KANYE WEST WATCHING THE FASHION SHOW MODEL WEARING A BLUE CHECKERED WOOL COAT WITH SNAKESKIN PRINT LEATHER BOOTS AUDIENCE WATCHING THE SHOW MODEL WEARING A LONG-SLEEVED SHEER DRESS WITH FLORAL LACE APPLIQUÃ‰S AND A SKINNY BELT MODEL WEARING A NAVY BLUE FLOOR-LENGTH DRESS WITH VELVET BOW SHOW FINALE WITH VARIOUS MODELS WALKING OUT ONTO THE RUNWAY AUDIENCE CLAPPING FINALE WITH VARIOUS MODELS WALKING ONTO THE RUNWAY VALENTINO HEAD DESIGNERS MARIA GRAZIA CHIURI AND PIER PAOLO PICCIOLI WALKING OUT ONTO THE RUNWAY
- Embargoed: 24th March 2011 12:00
- Location: France, France
- Country: France
- Topics: Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA2I3JAO2NRDACN3MR3QJ1RZF05
- Story Text: Italian label Valentino unveiled its women's ready-to-wear collection for Autumn/Winter 2011/12 on Tuesday (March 8) inside a pop-up tent at the Tuileries Garden in Paris.
Valentino may be associated with opulent and glamorous red carpet dresses, but this season, creative directors Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli showed feminine swingy A-line shaped long-sleeved dresses and smart checkered wool coats in shades of beige, dusty rose, burgundy and navy blue.
The models looked sweet and innocent, wearing thin black headbands in their hair, which was pulled back into simple low ponytails.
Hemlines were low, grazing the tops of the models' knees, keeping the look of the collection elegant and classy. Several of the dresses were adorned with velvet bows.
When it came to accessories, the models presented knee-high leather boots and strappy pointy mid-heel pumps. The girls also toted large snakeskin-patterned clutches embellished with studs.
For evening, there were gauzy floor-length gowns with lace floral appliquÃ©s that were accessorized with skinny leather belts. The silhouette was long and lean with an accentuated high waist.
Valentino has been in the industry since 1960. Its founder, Valentino Garavani, made an international name for himself with his va-va-voom, body-conscious dresses. He retired as creative director in 2007.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.