- Title: GERMANY: Berlin Fashion Week kicks off
- Date: 24th July 2008
- Summary: VARIOUS OF MODELS PRESENTING CLOTHES ON THE CATWALK RALLY DRIVER RALF SCHUMACHER AND WIFE CORA WATCHING SISI WASABI SHOW VARIOUS OF MODELS ON THE CATWALK MODEL WEARING ORANGE AND WHITE STRIPED BALLOON LONG DRESS WITH MEDAL DECORATIONS VARIOUS OF ALL MODELS WALKING DOWN THE CATWALK AT THE END OF THE SHOW AUDIENCE APPLAUDING VON DEM BUSSCHE TAKING A BOW AND WAVING
- Embargoed: 8th August 2008 13:00
- Location: Germany
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA5SWZJL44VLK6OA66WWJ1HIPSW
- Story Text: Shows by Hugo Boss, as well as new label Sisi Wasabi kick of Berlin's Fashion Week.
The Berlin Fashion Week got off to a glamourous start on Thursday (July 17) with 'Sex and the City' star Kim Cattrall and German model Eva Padberg posing for cameras ahead of the "Hugo" fashion show.
More than twenty German and international designers will present their Spring/Summer 2009 at the fashion week over four days including designers such as Gabriele Strehle, Vivienne Westwood and Unrath & Strano.
The fashion event takes place twice a year - as the German capital one day hopes to rival established couture cities like Paris, Milan and New York.
"Hugo", the young designer line of southern German fashion label Hugo Boss, presented their collection for Spring and Summer 2009. The collection, which consists of sharp lines and shapes using simple colours, is the second line from Belgian designer Bruno Peters.
Actors Rupert Everett and Mischa Barton, and former Formula One driver Ralf Schumacher and his wife were among celebrities present at the show.
Also showing in the German capital was young designer Zerlina von dem Bussche, who presented her collection known as "Sisi Wasabi". The German newcomer's collection focussed on elegance, tradition and wearability.
"We saw in winter and now even more that the designers are clearly showing their own signature again and luckily have stopped trying to please everyone. We have a certain clientele which likes our vision and that is enough for us, we don't have to make everyone happy. I don't think everyone has to like my clothes," von dem Bussche told Reuters.
Von dem Bussche's Spring/Summer 2009 collection has an exotic feel which she says was inspired by a trip to north Africa. The label was founded at the beginning of 2004 by Zerlina von dem Bussche and Carolin Sinemus after the pair met at the Berlin fashion school "Esmond". They worked together until 2006 when von dem Bussche took over Sisi Wasabi and Carolin Sinemus created her own label known as "Sinemus".
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.